How To: Perfect Lazy Weekends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Not many of us love to start the day early in the morning and this is because of our beloved early lectures. I have always been a morning person, but university got me staying up until late and therefore kind of disrupted my weekends. Try to wake up and think positive: what a wonderful and productive day you could have! (Don’t think about all the work you have to do!) Put the negative vibes away and make your way to ther kitchen and start making your perfect breakfast. Make some porridge with a cup of aromatic tea. I have recently discovered the «Green Rooibos cream mirabelle» flavoured tea that I got from my friend. This is my all-time favourite now: notes of peach and a hint of cream, nothing can describe it better than its actual taste. Try different flavours everytime to have that little burst of excitement before drinking a cup of tea. While having your breakfast, read your favourite magazine or a book you forgot about when all the assignments drowned you into oblivion…

Once you are fully charged, start planning your day. Try to think of all the things you need to do and split them into two days. It is important to make time for yourself not just study. I find it extremely helpful to create a huge timetable for the upcoming weeks full of various events, meetings, and most importantly assignment deadlines. Put it on the board, so when you see it, you will definitely catch up on work more efficiently.

Go for a walk, morning walks are believed to be vital for so many reasons! It’s just going to be so peaceful and calm; just you, the nature…., and the squirrels!

One of the perks of waking up early is an empty library in the morning. Get yourself ready for some nerdy stuff and don’t forget to take some healthy snacks with you. Or just pop to the Juicafe for some nutritious smoothies!

The Sports centre is calling! Whether it is the gym or a swimming pool, it keeps you fit and on a high immunity level. In Lancaster, you cannot have excuses for not going to the gym like «It’s rainy and cold».

When it’s time for another break, call your beloved ones that are so far away from you! Chatting with them will definitely make you feel lovely and warm all over. Refresh your room with some good old cleaning, and do the laundry you were too tired to do during the week. Enjoy the rest of your evening by treating yourself to a delicious meal and be ready to start the new exciting week ahead!

England | Multilingual marketing student at Lancaster University | LUMS ambassador |  Content writer |    
Mother tongue English, fully Italian. Born in Tokyo, lived in Hong Kong, grew up in Milan and currently studying at Lancaster University, UK. Multi lingual, I love to read, write, sing, cook and lead a healthy lifestyle. Her Campus Lancaster Editor in Chief as of April 2014!