Clubbercise: The New Exercise You Should Be Doing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Last Monday my flatmate and I donned our brightest neon workout clothes and headed off to Clubbercise. Clubbercise is a fun workout where you perform basic dance routines to club music. Think Zumba but in a nightclub. Upon arrival we were given glow sticks and bracelets and entered the great hall only to find it transformed. It was dark but with crazy flashing lights like a year 6 disco. Now whilst this seemed a little weird at first, it was great as it meant people couldn’t clearly see you getting hot and sweaty or messing up the dance moves.

The hour class claimed to:

-Have easy-to-follow routines

-Tone muscles

-Burn around 700 calories in an hour

-Have high or low impact options

After completing the class, I can say that each track had about 5 moves to follow which meant it was easy to keep up with. My flatmate and I were both hobbling around the next day so it is safe to say that our muscles were definitely worked. Now whilst we worked up a sweat, sadly I don’t think I burned 700 calories- I feel like I would have noticed that!

Overall the class was brilliant fun and I would not hesitate at going again. It was a very different type of class that didn’t feel like you were working out which is an obvious bonus with any form of exercise!

Student studying at Lancaster University, majoring in English language and minoring in Marketing and Linguistics. Interested in Beauty, Diet and Health.
Mother tongue English, fully Italian. Born in Tokyo, lived in Hong Kong, grew up in Milan and currently studying at Lancaster University, UK. Multi lingual, I love to read, write, sing, cook and lead a healthy lifestyle. Her Campus Lancaster Editor in Chief as of April 2014!