jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Some things just hit you right in the face in that split-second your eyelids close to blink. That momentary pause when your eyes breathe, gasping for fresh air. Or, they have always been there, bubbling under the surface as you blindly go through life, nonchalantly not admitting what is really there before you.

See, you can’t write these things. We can sit there and read tales of undying, faithful, glorious love, but until it is lived, we never full comprehend its magic. When your heart is open, it not only comes into contact with another, but into contact with elements beyond your control. These fairytales forget this, they misplace the truth and call it love. They skip the part where the eyes close, and all is still.

I can’t tell you what love is. No one can. I can impart some things, however.

Like a flicker of a candle, it’s delicate.

Like the morning sun, it’s blazing.

Like the depth of the ocean, it’s terrifying.

It is more than a decision, and happens when we least expect it. 

Love is steadfast and strong. And it will see you through.

It never fails, it never gives up, and it will always hold you, right where you are. 

Even in the midst of a storm so horrifying, love remains.

It lingers on lips, and waits to be remembered.

It doesn’t ask for forgiveness, nor demands it. All is forgiven.

It isn’t about true love, or what is meant to be.

It is about you, and about them.

It is simply love.

You never expected it, never saw it coming.

But it’s with you, and it’s here to stay.

– Anna Jane Mather

Anna Mather

Lancaster '19

Anna is a final year student of French & Linguistics at Lancaster University and will graduate in 2019. She is one of Lancaster's Chapter Correspondents. Her favourite topics to write about are fashion, style and interior design ideas. She loves to share photos on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ku_layrosas/ She also runs Kulayrosas, her own fashion, faith and lifestyle blog: https://kulayrosas.com/