5 Benefits of Yoga

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Since starting university I decided to join the yoga society. I am not a flexible person but I’d thought I should try something new. These are some of the benefits I’ve discovered since September. 

1.      Improved flexibility 

Let’s not lie ladies: this definitely improves your sex life as you can get into more interesting positions!

2.      Helps anxiety and stress

It allows you to temporarily forget about all your deadlines and just totally relax for an hour or so.

3.      Improves posture

Helps to relieve back pain and makes you aware of how you sit day to day.

4.      Improves focus

After a class because I feel so relaxed, I’m finally ready to focus on my to-do list.

5.      Total body workout

Every class works each body part so it’s great for creating some muscle strength.

Yoga is so easy to practise anywhere and it is great for students as it is cheap and allows you to have some timeout from all your deadlines and duties.

Student studying at Lancaster University, majoring in English language and minoring in Marketing and Linguistics. Interested in Beauty, Diet and Health.
Mother tongue English, fully Italian. Born in Tokyo, lived in Hong Kong, grew up in Milan and currently studying at Lancaster University, UK. Multi lingual, I love to read, write, sing, cook and lead a healthy lifestyle. Her Campus Lancaster Editor in Chief as of April 2014!