4 Ways To Spend Halloween In Lancaster

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Head into Town

As usual there are loads of events on in town. These include:

• The Sugarhouse Weekend; Revenge of the Kraken on the 28th and 29th as well as Halloween with Philip George on the 31st 
  • Dalton Rooms Halloween event with face paint, freaky characters and a mixture of Karaoke, EDM and RnB on the 29th October plus THE PURGE on the 31st with 3 drinks for £5 and a discounted entry when you wear a spooky outfit

Visit the Castle

Lancaster castle is a great setting for Halloween as it has a rather gruesome history of being a prison and also the place where the trials were held for the Pendle Witches.

All their events can be found here: http://www.lancastercastle.com/events_archive.asp

The main events include:

Ghostly Tales 21st and 22nd October at 7:30pm

Halloween films including Hocus Pocus, Nightmare before Christmas and The Lost boys on the 29th October

Halloween Tours of the castle on the 31st

Stay on Campus

Join in with the huge cross- campus bar crawl on the 28th October

Details of the full line up to be confirmed soon on Facebook so keep a look out: https://www.facebook.com/events/643234872523906/

Relax at home

Why not just stay in? There are loads of deals on at supermarkets where you can buy pumpkins really cheaply. These can be used in many ways- a fishbowl for alcohol, an excellent drinking game to see who can carve the weirdest design (though maybe start drinking properly afterwards so you don’t stab yourself) or if you’re feeling fancy you can even make some soup.

There are lots of fun Halloween drinking games including apple bobbing in alcohol or play beer bong with half the cups full of sours and the rest full of some hideous concoction.

Or simply eat all the candy you could have given to trick-or- treaters and watch loads of scary films!

Student studying at Lancaster University, majoring in English language and minoring in Marketing and Linguistics. Interested in Beauty, Diet and Health.
Lover of fashion, beauty, art, travelling