body images 2019 04 05 IMG 4194jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2019 04 05 IMG 4194jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

Why You Should Dye Your Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Unfortunately,  Lafayette is online and most of my friends are at their own colleges but because of that, I figured now would be the perfect time to try something new. With the pandemic and 2020 nearing its end, I think everyone deserves to reward themselves and do something strictly for themselves. This is why I dyed my hair pink. I’ve always wanted to dye my hair but in high school, I was afraid of drawing attention to myself. In college (especially online college) I am finally able to express myself and afterward I felt like a new and more confident person!

Originally, I wanted to just do the underneath of my hair pink, but if I’m going to pay money to get my hair done, I might as well dye my whole head. Go big or go home! I ended up going to a hairdresser because I didn’t trust myself bleaching my own hair (and yes, we both wore masks!). I was very concerned about how the bleaching process would affect my hair, especially because of the dark brown color. Though bleaching is a long process, it went really well for me. My hair is just as healthy as it was before I dyed it.  

I love how I stand out with this big, colorful change. After dying my hair, it doesn’t feel as scary; it is a fun way to spice up your life, and it’s temporary! This is a sign from the universe —or really me—to dye your hair! If you don’t like it, you can change it, but if I had to guess, you’ll love it just as much as I did.

To see my finished results: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19K5jPwoqSVUQ09yOq-EOiwRZHk0OySQm…

Lily Gilmore

Lafayette '24

Junior at Lafayette majoring in art :) follow me on insta! @lilyygilmore
Layla Ennis

Lafayette '23

Junior at Lafayette College