This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

As college students, we are all incredibly busy juggling classes, extracurriculars, friends, homework, and maybe even a job! That being said, it’s hard to keep track of the many things you should do to decrease greenhouse gas emissions, let alone keep track of the homework that’s due tomorrow; so here are a few tips on how to become more environmentally conscious in your everyday with little to no effort:

• Turn off the lights when you leave your room

• If you have a fan, humidifier, or air conditioner, turn it on sleep mode or unplug it when you don’t need it

• When it’s nice and you’re going into downtown Easton, think about biking or taking a walk down the hill rather than the shuttle or a car

• Make sure you throw your plastic and glass waste in the recycling bins rather than the trash

• Consider buying locally sourced products at the farmers market or supermarket rather than the big brand products you see at Walmart and Target

• Don’t forget a reusable bag when you head off to go shopping

• Stop buying cheap fast fashion! Upcycle your clothing, thrift, and donate the clothes you don’t wear locally to support the surrounding community

• Get some plants to lighten up your room

It’s important to consider how much greenhouse gasses are created as a result of everyday activities. With these small, easy tips, you can improve your carbon footprint and help the environment in more ways than one!

Caroline Ross

Lafayette '22

Marketing and Events Director for Lafayette College’s Her Campus chapter.
Layla Ennis

Lafayette '23

Junior at Lafayette College