This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

It feels like it was just yesterday when everyone was arriving on campus in the brutal summer heat. Yet, in the blink of an eye, the leaves turned and it suddenly was fall. Now, Thanksgiving break is quickly approaching. It is a much-needed time to recuperate and reconnect with family and friends. We all must take advantage of this brief break to have as much fun and rest as possible! Here are a few fun fall activities to do with friends and family over break: 

1. Go apple picking 

Who doesn’t love being outside in the crisp fall air picking all of the different kinds of apples you could imagine. If you are feeling especially festive, you could bake some treats, possibly an apple pie, with the apples you picked and share it with your family and friends on Thanksgiving!

1. Take long walks 

I believe that fresh air and exercise truly are two of the best things you can do for yourself. Go to your favorite path, take in the beautiful foliage, and breathe in the fresh fall air. Bring along family and friends for added fun!

1. Do some cooking and baking 

In my humble opinion, the best part of Thanksgiving is the delicious food. Get your favorite recipe and get cookin! There is nothing better than making your favorite fall or thanksgiving dish alongside family and friends.

1. Friendsgiving 

Gather your closest hometown friends, whip up some classic Thanksgiving dishes, and enjoy a meal together. Thanksgiving break is one time that most people will be home, so take advantage of it and reconnect with old friends!

1. Take a long drive 

Get in the car, either by yourself or with friends and family, blast your favorite fall vibes playlist, drive around your hometown, and take in the beautiful orange and red leaves around you. With beautiful scenery and some good music, a long drive can be restorative. 

These are just a few of the many things you can do over Thanksgiving break to rejuvenate, reconnect, and admire this season! No matter what you do, I hope every single one of you has an amazing Thanksgiving Break – it is well deserved. :)

Ella Dalgliesh

Lafayette '25

Freshman student at Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania