This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

With summer quickly approaching, you have likely figured out your schedule be it a new job, internship, a family vacation. Whether you are traveling abroad or staying at home all summer, it is essential to find a few different types of shoes that will be cute and comfortable.

1. platform sandals

(Steve Madden)

For a sunset dinner, graduation party, or any other night you want to dress up a little this summer, platform sandals are a must! The extra boost on these is a huge plus, but they won’t make your feet ache like wedges. Check out these ones by Steve Madden. The wide straps, these will definitely stay on your feet throughout the night!

1. Espadrilles

(photopin)

These are a nice sandal alternative that you can easily dress up or down.

If you’re like me, these will come in handy for hiding your chipped pedicure. They come

in a variety of colors and patterns. Shopbop and Nordstrom have great selections!

1. Cute sneakers or slip ons

(unsplash)

Anyone who lives in or near a city can testify that wearing sandals while walking several miles in the summer is less than ideal. Light colored sneakers will keep your feet clean and protected for longer walks without making you sweat too much. If you’re into the floral vibe, check out these ones from Keds! Or if you’re looking to save some money, Topshop has both the latest trends and basic, everyday sneakers for under $40!

1. Mules

(lulus)

If you have an internship or job in a business or retail setting this summer, mules are your go-to. These classy shoes are very professional, but can easily transition from day to night. Bonus if you get leopard print ones (roll pards!)

1. Lightweight athletic sneakers

(unsplash)

Whatever your preferred type of exercise is, lightweight sneakers will make all the difference in the summer. Adidas has a ton of cute ones, and so does Nike and New Balance.

Honestly, even though most of these are suggested brand name shoes, you can find the same styles for less at any Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, or even Amazon. So don’t be afraid to get a unique style and quality shoe, even if it isn’t a top brand!

Hopefully this list will give you some ideas for summer footwear, so you avoid wearing the same pair of old flip flops every day! With any of these you are sure to receive plenty compliments while staying cool this summer.

Katie MacNeil

Lafayette '22

Lover of skiing, dogs, and chocolate.
Krystyna Keller

Lafayette '21

Creating things since '98 Campus Correspondent for HC Lafayette