This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Fall is by far my favorite season, there’s not a single thing I don’t like. You better believe I’m not gonna let the pandemic stop me from enjoying it. Thankfully, all of these bucket list items allow for some six-feet apart, social distancing fun! 

1. Take a Hike!

Honestly, there is no better time to go on a hike than in the Fall, and it’ll definitely help calm any anxieties this online semester may bring. Take in the crisp fall air, check out the changing leaves, and find some inner peace. Go get out and see all the benefits nature has to offer!

2. Apple Picking 

Many apple orchards are still going to be open this Fall, and this activity allows for social distancing. Even better, take this to the next level and bake some sweet fall treats with your freshly picked apples to share with family and friends. 

3. Set the Fall Mood

As the weather gets colder, set the mood as you study. Throw on a cozy sweater and light a scented candle. Maybe add some of your fav music, grab a mug of chai or warm apple cider, but the cozier the better!

4. Spooky Movie Night

Load up on the best pumpkin spice snacks, and throw on a classic Halloween movie. For a not-so-scary movie, some options are Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown, The Nightmare Before Christmas, or Ghostbusters. If you’re looking for a fright, try Halloween, The Blair Witch Project, Scream, or The Shining. 

5. Pumpkin Picking and Carving

Sure, Halloween might be a little different this year, but this classic Halloween tradition is still possible. Invite over a couple of friends or family members and be creative! Don’t forget your mask!

It’s so important that, as we work from home, we balance school time, but also incorporate time to enjoy ourselves and be social. Hopefully, these few suggestions will help you to step away from the computer, relax and enjoy this beautiful season. 

Avery Gillett

Lafayette '24

junior at lafayette studying psychology and international affairs. lover of chocolate, yoga, and a self care night
Layla Ennis

Lafayette '23

Junior at Lafayette College