Culture > Digital

My Top Five Songs on My Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Music is an integral part of my life. I listen to it when I am working, walking to class, in bed… pretty much everywhere. I am always on the hunt for new songs to add to my playlist that can transform my mood and take me to another world. Here are my top five songs on my playlist right now (in no particular order):

(P.S. Follow me on Spotify! My username is kat_flanders—I have a bunch of different playlists for all of your moods!)

1. Bainá by Bakermat

Such a feel-good party song. It puts me in a great mood and gets me pumped up. I just discovered it this weekend and haven’t stopped listening to it since.

1. Waves by Kanye

I am a huge fan of Kanye, and this song just straight up gives me the chills with Chris Brown’s vocals, the beat, and the harmonization throughout.

1. Death of Me by PVRIS

Again, another amazing upbeat song. I am obsessed with her voice and the beat makes me want to run at the level 10 speed on the treadmill.

1. Take My Heart by Birdy

Had to get my sad one in here. The chorus, her voice, and the lyrics are what do it for me. 

1. NDA by Billie Eilish

I can’t write my top songs without including at least one by my girl Billie. I don’t know what it is about this song, but it just hits a certain part of me and sends me into another dimension.

I hope I provided a good list and that you love these songs as much as I do!

Kat Flanders

Lafayette '25

Freshman at Lafayette