Minya, Queen of Stories: The Adventures of Luca and Miller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

This is a story written by my Grandmom, Minya Yudenfriend. Her life philosophy was “write it down.” She constantly told the stories of the people she loved., Sshe put her heart and life into every word and I’m sharing them to carry on her legacy and to tell her stories forever. 

The Adventures of Luca and Miller 

Once there was a Golden Doodle called Miller. He lived with Alison and Mike. He was a  beautiful dog, but he had one fault. He loved to jump on people. Everyone was afraid of him.  Yaakov and Eli were afraid of him. Grandmom was afraid of him. 

“Get rid of him before you have a new baby,” said Grandmom to Alison and Mike. But, they did  not.  

He was a large dog who was sick all the time. But, when they had their new baby, everything  changed. Miller looked at Luca. And, Luca looked at Miller. And, they smiled.  

And then a new story began.  

The two did everything together, including going to the zoo. They were like two partners doing  many things together. And, no one was afraid of Miller anymore.  

On May 4th, there will be a new baby in the home of Alison, Mike and Luca. What will Luca  think about that? How will he behave? How will Miller behave? What will Abby and Juneau  think about this?  

We won’t know until Luca’s brother arrives. Stay tuned!

Lisa Green

Lafayette '24

Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm a freshman at Lafayette. I'm interested in theater, politics, cooking and more!