This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Her Campus at Lafayette strives to create a space for people on campus to showcase their creativity through writing. While writing for Her Campus is fun in itself, I started to think about ways to incorporate more people into our club. Not everybody likes to write consistently and we are all busy students and might not have the time to read articles. As our world gets more digital and our attention spans shorten, videos are becoming the best method to get information across in an efficient way. Most of the students I know watch Youtube videos in their spare time or use the platform to procrastinate their work. Why not watch your fellow students on YouTube and become closer to your community?

The Her Campus at Lafayette Youtube channel is meant to be an additional outlet for club members to show their creativity and build on their Her Campus presence. A more interactive platform can help us turn our club into a sisterhood of visionaries. We have also recently had a few guys join our club, and we’re excited to incorporate them into our club and maybe even give them their own outlet through a “HisCampus” segment that we’ve seen Her Campus at HamptonU do on their Instagram.

The channel will encompass all of Her Campus’s core values. It will not discriminate against race, gender, sexuality, etc. and will display content across a multitude of topics. Her Campus has 8 categories of articles on their website– Lifestyle, Sex & Relationships, Beauty, Culture, Decor, Money & Career, Style & Fashion, and Wellness. The videos will fall into these categories, which thankfully span a wide variety of subjects! 

With everything from political updates to makeup reviews and day-in-the-life vlogs, the channel will be a well-rounded representation of the people involved with Her Campus at Lafayette. 

Be an early subscriber!

Laya Allen

Lafayette '24

who would wanna think inside the box? being weird is a blessing.