This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Doodles by Siri is an online graphic design company that was created by one of my old coworkers and good friends,, Caroline Sirianni. She created her company during the Covid-19 pandemic. Over the past few months, Caroline began working with Adobe Illustrator to make graphic designs and then moved on to Procreate. She basically uses Adobe Illustrator and procreates to draw her designs. These websites make drawing much easier than buying a sketch book and using pens. Although Carorline has little to no experience when she began her graphic designing career, she had no issue making awesome and empowering designs! So, I decided to conduct a short interview with Caroline to learn more about her business. I hope that her success can show people that it is okay to not know what you want to do and you will figure it out. 

These were the takeaways I got:

• Over quarantine, Caroline started messing around on Adobe Illustrator, with little experience in graphic design. She thought it would be fun, and it turns out it is fun!

• She made an Instagram account with her graphic designs because she thought they looked cool, and then made a website. 

• The process as a whole made her grow a lot as an individual and proved that she can do anything that she puts her mind to. 

• People liked her work and wanted to buy it, so she worked with a third party so that she could sell and create new prints.

• After making her website she became part of a new community full of other artists. 

• She would love to pursue a career in graphic design, but she still doesn’t know if it is reasonable or not, so for now it is just a side gig. 

Caroline is an awesome person and I am so proud of what she has accomplished. Check out her instagram account and website for her store, and feel free to buy whatever you want and support women run businesses! @doodlesbysiri

Phoebe Simon

Lafayette '22

Standing tall at 5'1"