jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Hydration Nation: The Water Bottle You’ll Never Want to Leave Your Dorm Without

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Colorful, covered in stickers, basically describes you in an item. You all know what I’m talking about: your water bottle. Well maybe you don’t have a water bottle yet and are here to find out which is the best one for you! Say no more! From Hydroflasks to Tumblers to Camelbacks, this article will help you pick out your new favorite “take everywhere with me” water bottle.

Hydro Flasks

You’ve heard about them. You’ve seen them covered in stickers. They’re popular to say the least. I’ll admit, I own one.. or three (judge me). But what’s all of the excitement about?

The Hydro Flask Company, founded in 2009, was the first ever company to release an all-insulated bottle in the market. From first hand experience, I can tell you that your drink will stay cold. Now, I’m from Arizona, and 115 degree summers is normal. So, a water bottle like this is essential, especially when ice melts in seconds. When I started using my Hydro, I swear the ice would stay ice for at least the entire day or even longer. Ask me, or countless other Hydro owners, this bottle seriously works.

Besides the science of the bottle, Hydro Flask was extremely smart to come out with super cute color options encompassing the entire rainbow and limited edition ombre tones! Not only color, but HydroFlasks come in 12, 18, 21, 24, 32, 40, and 64 ounce sizes with interchangeable lids.

Now, personalization. Hydro Flask stainless steel style, creates a matte exterior that eliminates condensation so you can customize your Hydro with stickers (RedBubble, sponsor me please). Get creative and have fun making your dream water bottle!

S’well

You’ve seen them in people’s bags, but you might not know the name. With countless design options and styles, S’well bottles are a perfect way to personalize your look.

The S’well Company, launched in 2010, was a goal to rid the world of plastic water bottles. Now, S’well is “the fastest growing women-owned company in the country!” Similar to Hydro Flasks, S’well bottles are condensation free and can keep your drink cold for hours.  

S’well bottles come in a variety of sizes and countless color options, so for those indecisive one’s out there like me, I truly wish you luck. The sleek design is great for all environments and a sweet way to add a little flare to your look each day!

The Traditional Reusable Plastic Water Bottle

We all know someone with one. There are a couple scratches on the bottom and maybe one or two stickers that really define that person. I’m sure everyone can find one in a cabinet in their kitchen at home too (thanks mom).

So many companies design easy-to-use reusable water bottles that I can’t point one out in particular. Each design however, is fairly similar, ranging in size and color, but most often are wide bottles with a ruler on one side indicating ounces.

These bottles are also extremely durable. Now I’m not saying you should throw it, but they can take a hard hitting, which is great for day-to-day activities. You don’t need to worry about the bottle denting! A couple scratches, however, show character.

These bottles are super reliable, especially when you’re in a rush to get somewhere. While they are not condensation free and will sweat if you put ice in it, they’re a water bottle that’s good for running a day of errands or spending time with friends, where it’s okay if the ice melts and your drink doesn’t stay cold the entirety of the day.  

From one water bottle to the next, each one is great and has its own qualities! And there are so many more: shaker bottles, filtered water bottles, tumblers, etc. No matter your choice, you’ll save money and take the bottle with you wherever you go!

Alexa Cooke

Lafayette '21

Lafayette College '21 NCAA Women's Tennis
Krystyna Keller

Lafayette '21

Creating things since '98 Campus Correspondent for HC Lafayette