photo of vegetable salad in bowls 1640770jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
photo of vegetable salad in bowls 1640770jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Pexels

Black & Blue: What’s The Hype?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Since students were last on College Hill in March 2020, Easton has welcomed a plethora of new restaurants. Arguably one of the most eye-catching and interesting new joints is Black & Blue. Located on 683 Walnut Street in downtown Easton, Black & Blue is self-described as “a house of misfits” with “some of the best live music Easton has to offer.”

After hearing about their success, I decided I had to check it out for myself. The inside of the restaurant is incredibly divine. Both the dim purple and yellow lighting, as well as the intricate decor, provide an ambiance like no other. 

I was particularly impressed with the menu, however. The majority of the menu is vegan or can be made vegan which is very rare. They have everything from fajitas, seafood, burgers, pastas, and more. I ordered vegan empanadas which were delicious and so flavorful. I also tried the P.B. Thai Salad which I topped with coconut cauliflower. I was very impressed by my food. The flavor combinations were unexpected and unique but in the best way possible. 

I think that Black & Blue is definitely a must-try. Whether you are vegan or not there is an amazing range of choices. I definitely recommend sitting down in order to receive the best experience possible. The only critique I have is that there is very limited parking so I advise you to plan accordingly. Nevertheless, Black & Blue is a great new dining option in Easton. 10/10!

Meghan Gillis

Lafayette '23

;) @meghan.gillis on ig
Layla Ennis

Lafayette '23

Junior at Lafayette College