Ways To Become More Eco-Friendly and Help Our Planet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

If you are aiming to help our Earth and creating a different lifestyle, here are a few ways you could do so: 

1. Use reusable silverware and water bottles. 

• Sip by S’well and Hydroflasks are a great investment when it comes to reusable water bottles. They keep your drinks cold or warm, depending on the substance, all day long.

2.  If you are unable to use those, make sure you recycle any plastic that you use! As well as paper or cardboard! This is a MUST if you want to keep the oceans free of trash! 

3. If you are looking for a car, try to get an energy-powered car. Teslas are a great example when looking for a car that does not pollute the Earth. These cars are specifically made for batteries to power up the cars. 

4. Get solar panels for your homes. This will lower your electricity bill and it is a substitute for fossil fuels!

• Fossil fuel based companies are money hungry and do not care about our environment. If we stop giving them our money by using energy-powered cars and solar panels, their income will decrease rapidly. 

5. This one is quite obvious, but remember to always throw your trash away! It is not that hard to walk over to a trash can and throw away your waste! 

6. Do not waste energy and turn off your lights whenever you leave a room. By doing this, you conserve energy. 

• Fluorescent light bulbs and light emitting diodes use much less energy than normal light bulbs do! 

A college freshman at La Verne with interests that include going to concerts, running, swimming, and hiking x