This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Hello! My name is Shelby, and I cannot wait to write for the La Verne Chapter of Her Campus. I’m currently a sophomore at the University of La Verne, double majoring in Psychology and Studio Art. I’m 19 years old and I identify as a Mexican-American, bisexual woman. I was born and raised in Murrieta, CA. I’m an only child and have two cats.

My cat, Missy, is pictured on top and Ramona is on the bottom. :)

Some of my hobbies include drawing, watching YouTube, and over-analyzing my favorite shows and movies. I’m definitely a “fangirl” and still identify myself in fandoms. In my free time, I love destroying my hair through dyeing it, cats, video games, and watching Shane Dawson and Jenna Marbles.

I’m very passionate about art – drawing, painting, and animation. I also am extremely passionate about spreading awareness for mental health and illnesses. As someone who lives with GAD and depression, my biggest philosophy in life is setting aside time for self-care. I also find myself being passionate about the characters I relate to or love from fandoms.

Pictured are some of my past drawings, titled “La Naturalez Llama” and some fanart for Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.

I hope you enjoyed reading this introduction about me and continue to read the articles I write.

Shelby is a sophomore Psychology and Studio Art double major at ULV.