How Vista Students Feel about the Car Exile

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Last Sunday the students of Vista Residence Hall were just about to doze off when…

…you realized your car had to be exiled to the Shuttle Lot. 

When you made it out to the parking lot you were like…

…and proceeded to run to your car. 

Once you were safely in your locked car, you headed down to the Shuttle Lot where you said goodbye to your car for the night. 

Your car staring back at you like…

…but you know this was out of your control. So you decided to fight the system and leave your car in D Lot.

The next morning you had a lovely warning on your car…

…so you decided to face your fears…

…and move your car. But you know in your heart D Lot should be open for all. 

Luckily, Vista Students can still park on main campus from noon Fridays to 7 a.m. Mondays, plus the holidays! 

But it’s okay, there are plenty of ways to relieve that frustration when you decide you want to go for a late night food run and find yourself wondering…

You can always…

or…

or even…

At the end of the day, what matters the most is that at La Verne no matter how far our cars get exiled, we are allowed to have them at school. 

Kellie Galentine is a journalism major at the University of La Verne in California. She is a campus correspondent for Her Campus at La Verne and is one of the founders of her campus' chapter. Kellie is also a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority.