tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Easter-Themed Movies to Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

1. Peter Rabbit (2018)

This recent film adaptation of the book takes you back to your childhood days! Watch this adventurous rabbit get into heaps of trouble as he tries to get into his neighbor’s garden.

2. Hop (2011)

This rabbit just wants to be a rockstar, so he leaves his day job as the son of the Easter Bunny to pursue his dreams in Hollywood. Watch E.B. on his journey to stardom with the help of his human friend, Fred who is also having issues with his future.

3. Rise of the Guardians (2012)

Though it’s not mainly about Easter, the Easter Bunny does make an appearance in this movie about your favorite childhood legends. Hugh Jackman voices this Aussie bunny with a killer boomerang!

4. Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo (2004)

Throw it back to your childhood days of watching Winnie the Pooh! Little Roo, the newest addition to the gang, is upset when Rabbit cancels Easter for “Spring Cleaning Day” instead.

5. Bugs Bunny’s Easter Special (1977)

If you really want to throw it back, watch this special showcase of Easter-themed Warner Bros. cartoons!

6. The Dog Who Saved Easter (2014)

The Bannister family leaves their dog Zeus at a local doggie day care before going on their cruise. All is well, until the day care’s rivals hire a bunch of crooks to sabotage the business. Watch as Zeus and his friends save the daycare…and Easter!

7. Veggietales: Twas the Night Before Easter (2011)

News reporter Marlee Meade journeys to save her hometown’s old theater by producing a show that will garner all the attention! When she learns that famous singer Cassie Cassava is in town, she schemes to steal the starlet to perform in her own show! Will Marlee learn the error of her ways?

8. The Passion of the Christ (2004)

Easter wouldn’t be complete without watching the story of the reason for the season! The classic story of Jesus and his crucifixion always brings tears to my eyes, Easter season or not.

9. Risen (2016)

Picking up on the story after Christ’s crucifixion, Risen shows what happened after Jesus had died. This movie portrays the political power struggle between Romans and the Higher Jewish Priests as believers struggled to accept the fact that their Savior is dead…and has come back to life.

10. Heaven is for Real (2014)

Witness a true miracle as a 4 year-old son of a pastor shares his story of experiencing heaven during an emergency surgery.

Enjoy watching, and have a Happy Easter!

Much like the Disney character, I don't let society define who I am & I always do what I think is right. Communications/Public Relations major, Class of 2019 at the University of La Verne. I aspire to learn from the best to better serve the world we live in by creating clear messages for the public.