This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Some things you are going to need:

• Hot glue gun
  • Stuffing 
  • 3-4 sheets of Light brown felt
  • 1 sheet of Red Felt
  • 1 sheet of White felt
  • 1 sheet of Green felt 
  • 1 Sheet of Yellow felt
  • Velcro strips

Best part about this costume is that the materials are probably going to be less than $10, minus the glue gun.

Step 1: The Bun and Only 

First you are going to want to make two large circles out of two sheets of light brown felt. Then with your glue gun you’re going to glue the edges of the two cut out circles together. MAKE SURE TO LEAVE A 3-4 INCH OPENING unglued. Once the glue is dry, flip the bun inside out  and use the stuffing to stuff it. You can make it as fat as you want. When done, glue the opening. Get the white felt and make tiny ovals for the sesame seeds. Glue the cutouts to the bun. 

Step 2: Who Cut the Cheese?

Take the sheet of yellow felt and 4 large triangles. Flip your stuffed bun and place the 4 triangles on the edges of the bun.

Step 3: Potato Tomato 

Cut two large semi circles from the and cut rectangular openings within them. Then glue them on the bottom of the bun like the cheese horizontal from each other.

Step 4: Lettuce Begin 

Get the green felt and make some wavy cuts along the edges.  Cut the wavy parts into four and place them on the edges of the bottom bun.

Step 5: Last Part and We Are Bun

Cut two long strips of brown felt. Glue one strip to two sides of the bun opposite from each other. You are going to need your dog in order to fit it for them. Connect the two strips and see what adjustments you need to make to fit the stomach of your dog. Once you figure out the length attach the velcro to both strips. Voilà you have a burger for a pet!

Bonus: 

If you want to add a bottom bun just repeat step one minus the sesame seeds. Velcro the strips to the bottom bun.

Tune in next year when I can show you how to make your guinea pigs a hotdog for Halloween!

Lauren Miranda

La Verne '22

Hey my name is Lauren Miranda and I am a studying anthropology at the University of La Verne. I love to paint, draw, write, play my guitar, kayak, and fish. I always like to learn new things.