Campus Cutie: Jared Hopley

Name: Jared Hopley

Year: Junior 

Age: 20

Major: Criminology to become a police officer, specifically in the field of narcotics 

Relationship Status: Single 

Campus Activities: Driver for the University of La Verne men’s water polo team

What do you like about water polo? I love the intensity of game and flow of how fast it is and the friendships that you make. You meet so many people since it’s such a small community.

Hobbies: I like to play golf and to go fishing

Three words that describe you: Outgoing, friendly and athletic 

Favorite color: Blue 

What is your favorite pick up line? “Are you an interior decorator? Because when I saw you, the entire room became beautiful.”

Describe your perfect girl: Short, brunette, brown or green eyes, and athletic. That’s pretty much my bread and butter.

Favorite sports: Baseball, golf and watching rugby 

Favorite sports teams: Angels, and for football, the Patriots 

Most embarrassing moment: I farted during a speech last year. It was pretty embarrassing and I played it off. I ate a bunch of chili before, so that was not the best idea to do that.

Favorite quote: “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game” – Babe Ruth

Celebrity crush: Alex Morgan, because she’s the babe.
Jolene Nacapuy is a senior journalism major at the University of La Verne and is the Campus Cuties editor for HC at La Verne. She is currently Editor-in-Chief of the La Verne Campus Times and a contributing writer for Lakers Nation, as well as social media manager for Lakers Pulse, aspiring to be a sports journalist.