Campus Cutie: Anthony Juarez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Name: Anthony George Juarez

Year: Senior

Age: 21

Major: Communications emphasis in public relations

Activities: Vice President of Public Relations for ASULV, PR chair for Order of Omega, PR chair for Phi Delta Theta Fraternity, PR chair for Spotlight Weekend

Outside of Campus: I am the co-owner of the company The Fifth Horseman. I also started own company Anthony Juarez Public Relations.

What are you doing this Valentine’s Day?

I am spending the day before Valentine’s Day with my family. We started a tradition where we spend time together as a family. We believe in unconditional love more than just between a girl and boy. 

Best pick up line?

Can I borrow your phone? I think you’re missing a contact. It’s me.

Biggest turn off?

A big turnoff for me is when a person is overly confident. There’s a difference between cocky and confident.

Motto to live by?

“To infinity and Beyond.” I see it as that you can always go above and beyond of what you’re what you’re supposed to do.

Coolest place you’ve ever visited?

It has to be Disneyland. The reason why I love Disneyland is because when I enter the gate, I become more of a kid. I leave all my problems and worries at the gate.

Favorite type of music?

I really like covers of music. One of my favorite covers is by Thirty Seconds to Mars that did a cover of Stay by Rihanna. I really like when one song can be transformed into a completely different song and have a totally different viewpoint.

Most embarrassing moment?

Back in the first grade, my daycare forgot to pick me up. Instead of walking home, I ended up walking back a mile and a half to the daycare. For the rest of the year, my teacher had to hold my hand and escort me back to the daycare bus. To this day, I remember that moment!

One thing most people do not know about you?

I really like to do voices when people aren’t around. When I am doing homework or washing the dishes, I practice accents or different character voices.

Celebrity crush?

Ke$ha. After reading her autobiography and learning about how she is a really smart girl and advocates marriage equality and animal rights, I gained more respect for her and appreciate her music.