katie harp dRCjgmc4B8I unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
katie harp dRCjgmc4B8I unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celebrity: Rick Hasse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Professor Rick Hasse is one of our great Accounting and Finance professors of the University of La Verne for the school of Business and Public Management. He has shown years of dedication and passion for teaching and for all of his students. Here are some fun facts you may not have known once before of one of our most well liked professors.

How did you find the University of La Verne?

In 1985 a friend of mine mentioned to me about the continuing education program at the University of La Verne. They needed Business Instructors, I applied and began teaching.

What attracted your attention to want to teach at our University?

I was intrigued with the University offering BA degrees to working professionals and adult learners. I never seen this form of education before and thought I would like to be a part of this.

How many years have you worked for the University of La Verne? Have you taught anywhere else?

I have been an adjunct instructor on and off at ULV since 1985 (thirty years). I have taught at the Claremont Colleges and Citrus Community College, before I came to California I taught at Ithaca College.

What inspires you to teach and/or keeps you motivated every day?

Teaching for me is a blessing; having worked in private business all my professional life, to have the opportunity to share my experience with the diverse student body at ULV is very gratifying. What motivates me every teaching day is the feedback I get from students; questions about the class material and about their potential careers.

What do you enjoy the most about your job as a professor of the university aside from other full-time jobs you may/may not have?

Having worked in the private sector my entire career, where the bottom line is the ultimate goal, teaching at the University of La Verne or any institution of higher education, the reward is a student telling you after a class that you made a difference in their learning and how through teaching you made a difference in their life. This makes teaching a true honor.