This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Name: Albert Romiel Khalbourji

Year: Junior

Major/minor: Music

Hometown: Palos Verdes, Ca

Involvement on campus: ΦΔΘ , ΜΦΕ, Undergraduate AdmissionsWhat got you interested in music?

My mother got me interested in music. She told me I had to play an instrument when I was a kid but I got to choose. So I chose the drums but that didn’t go over so well. So I chose the guitar, something about it called out to me. Then in 10th grade my geometry teacher Mrs. Thompson introduced me to Folk music and my life changed.

What is your favorite instrument to play?

I love to play the guitar because I can walk around with it and provide my own soundtrack to my mood.

Who is your musical inspiration?

Donovan Leitch because the way he writes lyrics and plays the guitar is extraordinary!

What advice do you have for future ULV students?

My advice is to do what you want because life is too short. Always laugh at the little things because life is made up of those little moments. And to take every opportunity that comes your way! Don’t pass up one opportunity because you think a better one will come up. You never know what will happen. Stay groovy!

What are your future goals?

To perform all around Europe this upcoming semester, seeing as I’ll be studying abroad in England. My main goal is to be happy and I would say that I’ve already scored.

Brooke is an aspiring journalist attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. She has a knack for all things adventurous and food related. When she isn't writing for Her Campus or the Campus Times you can find her taking pictures of her award-winning cat or eating various types of cheese.