This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.
  1. Black Panther (Feb. 16)

In just a few days, this long-awaited film will be released for all to enjoy. Filled with powerful representation, impressive cast, stunning visuals, fast-paced action scenes and banging music, this Marvel movie will be the game-changer we need.

2. Every Day (Feb. 23)

This is a story about a girl who’s in love with a person…who wakes up every day in a completely different body from before. What a completely radical way to learn about living—and loving—in the now. Bonus: Spiderman Homecoming’s Ned Leeds (Jacob Batalon) also makes a cameo!!!

3. Red Sparrow (Mar. 2)

This Black Widow-esque movie shows our favorite Hunger Games victor Jennifer Lawrence as a ballerina-turned-spy for a Russian intelligence agency. After emerging from spy school as the top graduate of her class, she’s turned into a deadly weapon that nobody can stop.

4. A Wrinkle in Time (Mar. 9)

Transport yourself to another world where Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon and Mindy Kaling are pretty much goddesses… join protagonist Meg Murry (Storm Reid) on her journey to find her missing father, dodging evil beings while traveling between worlds. If Chris Pine was my dad, I’d wrinkle time and space for him too.

5. Pacific Rim: Uprising (Mar. 23)

After a tranquil period of winning the war against the Kaiju beings, the world no longer needed the Jaeger Program to protect them. But when a bigger threat rises, a new generation of Jaeger pilots step up to defend humankind once again.

6. Midnight Sun (Mar. 23)

The title alone makes one think it will be an addition to the Twilight Saga, but trust that no vampires were harmed in the making of this movie. Bella Thorne stars as a sheltered teen with a life-threatening sensitivity to sunlight. When she falls in love with the boy next door, she struggles with risking her condition to live a normal life.

7. Ready Player One (Mar. 29)

Virtual reality is taken to a whole new level in this film that brings the imaginary world of Oasis to life. Join Wade as he races against other players to find the special Easter egg that will allow him to inherit the fortunes of Oasis’s creator.

8. A Quiet Place (Apr. 6)

“Silence is survival”… A family of four lives quietly in the woods, never allowed to make a sound in fear of attracting an unknown enemy. An accident starts a chain reaction of events, and the family finds themselves running for their lives.

9. Blockers (Apr. 6)

This comedy stars John Cena, Leslie Mann and Ike Barinholtz as parents who go on a covert operation to thwart their daughter’s plans of losing her virginity at prom night. Crazy stunts, wild parties and extremely cringe-y scenes make this movie relatable to every teen (and maybe even parent) at some point.

10. Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare (Apr. 13)

Teen Wolf and Pretty Little Liars stars Tyler Posey and Lucy Hale headline this horror/suspense movie about a Truth or Dare game gone wrong. You refuse a dare, you get punished…how far are you willing to go?

11. Avengers: Infinity War (May 4)

Ten years of Marvel movies all lead up to the next phase in this third installment to The Avengers films. This time, the enemy is so powerful that it takes every single Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero to save the world. Chaos will rise and great sacrifices will be made—if somebody dies, I’m going to be writing a very lengthy letter to Marvel Studios.

12. Deadpool 2 (May 18)

If the trailer isn’t enough to get you to watch the Deadpool sequel, how about the introduction of two new superheroes: Josh Brolin as Cable and Zazie Beets as Domino! Join Deadpool on another crazy adventure filled with action, humor and gorgeous paintings a la Bob Ross.

13. Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25)

Contrary to the fact that this is probably the most under-promoted Disney movie I’ve ever seen, I am very excited to see the origin story of our favorite lover boy Han Solo. *whispers* But we all know that we’re really here to see Childish Gambino and Khaleesi rule the galaxy.

14. The Incredibles 2 (June 15)

PUT THIS DATE IN YOUR CALENDAR!!! The Incredibles 2 is the sequel we’ve all been waiting a decade for. Taking place right where the first movie left off, we get to see a baby Jack-Jack with his full set of powers, giving Mr. Incredible the most challenging mission of babysitting him while Mrs. Incredible/Elastigirl is out saving the world.

15. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (June 22)

Though every Jurassic Park movie seems to end with the protagonists running away from the land of dinosaurs, this sequel does quite the opposite. Jurassic World trainer Owen travels back to the island to rescue the dinosaurs from the volcano that would be the cause of their permanent extinction.

16. Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6)

Actress Evangeline Lilly steals the spotlight as she debuts a new suit that allows her to become The Wasp, fighting alongside Ant-Man as they stop a new enemy from wreaking havoc.

17. Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (July 13)

Watch dear old Drac as he faces his biggest fear–the ocean! Join him and his monster family (shoutout to the cutest baby vamp) as they spend summer vacation on a cruise!

Much like the Disney character, I don't let society define who I am & I always do what I think is right. Communications/Public Relations major, Class of 2019 at the University of La Verne. I aspire to learn from the best to better serve the world we live in by creating clear messages for the public.