All the Essentials You Need to Create Your Perfect Dream Board

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

At the beginning of each year our timelines are filled with the annual and irritating ‘new year, new me’ memes. Everyone sees the new year as a fresh start and create resolutions that they most likely will not stick too.

There is nothing wrong with making these resolutions, but it kinda sucks when you don’t get around to completing them. An easy way to visually see and work toward your newly created goals is to create the age-old dream board.

Dream boards have already taken social media by storm this year; Youtubers have dedicated special videos just to show off their dream boards and share their personal tips through their social media outlets.

Dream boards are useful ways to help you work towards bettering yourself and maintain a clear path to achieving your goals.

Here are a few benefits and tips about making a dream board a major key in your life.

I Have My Goals, So What’s Next?

The goals on your dream board should be a personal reflection of your life and positive changes you would like make.

Start by finding pictures that are aesthetically pleasing to you from magazines and books, or even Pinterest and Instagram, that directly coordinate with your goals. The cuter the picture, the more likely you’ll want to look at them, and the more likely you’ll be reminded of your goals.

Naturally, the next step would be to print or cut out your pictures and glue them to a board, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be. You can easily create your dream board on your phone or on any device by making a collage with an app, creating an actual Pinterest board, or in your ‘Saved’ folder on Instagram.

After your creative process has come to end, you need to place your dream board where you can see it. Hanging it up on the wall or next to a mirror are perfect spots to help them be seen and serve as  a constant goal reminder. If you choose the digital route, making your board your lockscreen or included in your main apps is a good idea as well.

Dream boards are meant to help you succeed and manifest your goals. This daily reminder will help you develop a game plan and not rest until each goal is completed. It’s time to start sticking to our goals, and see what those ‘new year, new me’ memes really feel like.

English Major at Drexel!
Alicia Centers

Louisiana Tech '20

I am a junior Cyber Engineering major who just enjoys hanging out with awesome gals outside of school!