This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Salle chapter.

4 Reasons Why this Twitter Trend Needs to END.

1. Most of the opinions aren’t unpopular. People post “unpopular opinions” of things everyone thinks, and everyone goes crazy retweeting and liking. But wouldn’t they be shared so much less if they were unpopular?

2. Why do people argue underneath popular opinions? The person knows the disagreements, they know the opinion is unpopular, so leave them alone.

3. We don’t need an unpopular opinion about everything. I mean..what is an unpopular opinion about the moon? THE MOON..? Seriously, move on.

4. You shouldn’t have to preface your tweets by saying “unpopular opinion: XYZ”. That’s like saying “no offense”. This might be a personal thing, but you should just say whatever it is you have to say without trying to buffer people. 5. Unpopular opinions are just empty tweets in an attempt to go viral so you can plug your Snapchat, Cashapp, and Venmo

My point: unpopular opinion Tweets are useless and annoying.

Jessica is a student athlete Communication Major at La Salle University, with concentrations in Public Relations and Communication Management. Along with being a member of the track team, she contributes as an intern and author for Double G Sports, and is a campus correspondent for Her Campus. In her career future, she hopes to work with a Public Relations team for and established sports figure or another well known organization.