This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

It is currently 2:24 AM on November 9th. Donald Trump is 6 electoral votes away from being our next president. The suicide hotlines are flooded and the Canadian immigration and citizenship websites have crashed. I am feeling an abundance of emotions right now, none of which are even remotely positive. 

My stomach is in knots thinking of my next 4 years living in a country that supports a man that can have 12 sexual allegations overlooked because “there’s no way they were all actually assaulted, they’re doing it for the money, for the publicity, or just to sabotage him”.  Where a man can speak about how a woman should be punished for an abortion because he controls the decisions you make as a woman with your body, not yourself.  Where a man can say that he will grab women “by the pussy” and it is applauded. Where you can have a pending rape trial and still have the support of millions of Americans.

Where a man can be endorsed by the KKK and still get the support of the American people. A man can threaten to remove an entire religion solely on a racist assumption; a man can propose to build a wall between us and Mexico because “they are all illegal immigrants”, because no matter how much we want to pretend racism does not still exist in our country, it does. 

People are sobbing out of fear for their lives with this man in the White House. People of Islamic culture are considering stripping themselves of what they stand for and believe in and are not wearing their hijab because of full blown fear for their lives and their safety in our country. People with disabilities are crying because they feel their president does not care about them and their health; this man just mocks their disability. People of color feel let down by non people of color because they support a man that doesn’t support them.  People of the LGBT+ community are not able to express who they are and consider faking who they are because this man doesn’t believe in them or support them, and their Vice President believes in shock therapy to “change them from gay to straight”.

To all who feel this fear: I am so sorry.  This is the land of the free and you should feel safe enough to practice any religion because that is what this country has been founded on. You should feel cared about by your president, not mocked for your disability. You should not feel the fear of going back to segregation amongst our races because of this man. You should not be comfortable with your sexual identity because of the disgusting words said by our VP. I support you, I stand by you; together we will stay strong.

My names Amber! I enjoy puppies of all shapes and sizes, Bob's Burgers and Double Dunker ice cream. I'm really good at being super awkward so invite me to gatherings if you want to seem cooler. I think i'm asleep more than i'm awake, and i enjoy to speak my mind :)