This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

As a college student who constantly has earbuds in, I’m always looking for new songs to obsessively play over and over until I’m sick of it. My music taste is all over the place, as I don’t like to restrict myself to genres or artists, so here are some of my current listens.

1. Heat Waves by Glass Animals

I love the chill vibes of this song. I recently discovered it from some acquaintances and I’m enjoying the summery vibes it gives me, even though we’re well into the autumn season by now. 

1. Elephant by Tame Impala

Tame Impala is a band I’ve been trying to get into as they are exactly what I’m into, but it’s been slow going. I found this song recently as well, and I feel it’s a good start to exploring more of their music!

1. HOT DEMON B!TCHES NEAR U!!! By CORPSE

Admittedly, I wasn’t sure I wanted to add this song to my list because of its vulgarity, but I do really enjoy this song. I just know I don’t appear like the kind of person who would enjoy this genre, but oh boy do I.

1. PARANOID by Chase Atlantic

Another unusual entry to this list. This is a rap genre I like to personally call “Sad boy rap” because I like this type of rap. I’m not so much into other artists like Kanye West. 

1. I’m Not a Vampire- Revamped by Falling in Reverse

This song has everything I love: screaming, dramatic piano, amazing vocals. Even the music video is amazingly done with a story to go with the song. As seen in the title, this is a remake of their original song, but this song feels like a whole performance rather than just a song. When the top 100 songs of 2021 playlist comes out on Spotify, I fully expect this song to be in my top five. 

6.Don’t Fall Asleep at the Helm by Sleeping With Sirens 

Sleeping With Sirens is a band I go back and forth on a lot on whether or not I’m a fan. Even so, I love this song and I can only describe it as very atmospheric, and the chorus gives me chills with the faint background vocals. 

7. Bury the Light by Casey Edwards and Victor Borba

I’ll end the list on a banger of a song. This is a nearly ten minute song and it was made to be for Vergil’s battle theme in the video game, Devil May Cry 5. I’ve never played any games from the Devil May Cry series but this is a truly awesome song to jam out to. 

Now that I’ve thoroughly exposed myself in my taste of music, it’s time to go listen to all of them for about the 100th time. 

Sabrina is a senior Professional Writing major with a Social Media Theory and Strategy minor at Kutztown University. As of August 2022, she is the senior editor for the Kutztown University chapter. Her interests are crochet, pets, and browsing social media.