A Relatable, Poweful Quote

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

The short quote I have below by Caroline Kaufman really speaks volumes to me. I am a firm believer in being kind to others. To be kind to the other kind people, and to be kind to the miserable people that like to belittle other people’s happiness. On the other hand, there are times when you have to push that thought process aside and not let people walk all over you and fight back when it  is needed. 

“Yes, I am soft, but do not mistake that for weakness.” I am not fragile and spineless. I am strong.

“Don’t underestimate my fangs because of the fur.” Just because I am a kind person does not mean I will allow others to be shitty to me. I will stand up for what I believe in. I will be kind and giving and caring and way too affectionate, but I can also bite back when I need to. I have learned a lot in my 20 years of life and I will not allow others to take advantage of my kindness.

“Do not assume I am declawed because I only scratch when I need to. Do not assume I am domesticated because I hiss before I pounce.”  It takes a lot for me to get angry and fed up—I am very in-touch with my feelings and how I think and feel. I only fight back when I have to. I will not allow others to be unnecessarily mean and hateful without hearing how I feel about it first. I will not allow others to take advantage of me just because I am soft, caring, sensitive, compassionate, sweet, and empathetic. And, that is not all that I am, not even close. I am also loud, powerful, genuine, levelheaded, and badass. “I am soft, but I’m certainly not taking any of your shit.”

Poetic Poison Instagram

Sabrina Stewart

Kutztown '20

Hi! My name is Sabrina and I am a communication major with a focus in media studies with a minor in a public relations and new media/digital communication here at KU! I am the Events Coordinator for the KU chapter this year! I love fashion, NYC, quotes, book characters, ice cream, exploring, and many many other things. I also tend to drink an excessive amount of lattes.