This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

I recently turned 22 and I wanted to write a list of 22 items that I’m most proud of about my time on this planet. 

1. I completed a really intensive major within four years and maintained a GPA higher than 3.9. 

2. I’ve written a book with hopes to publish it over summer and multiple more ideas in the works. 

3. I can recognize how far I’ve come in playing my instrument and can hear the growth I’ve made in my own playing. 

4. I may not be in a relationship but I won’t settle for anything less than what I’m looking for. 

5. I’ve achieved the title of world champion in martial arts by the time I was 16 years old. 

6. I’ve learned to reach out for help when I felt like the world was crumbling around me. 

7. I decided that I was no longer happy with what I was doing and changed directions, leading me to stay at the college I love with all my heart and pursue a graduate degree. 

8. I spoke at not one graduation ceremony, but two – middle school and high school. And I have an interview to speak for college commencement. 

9. I learned to take opportunities when they are presented and not just waiting for things to be given to me, even if those opportunities don’t work out in the end. 

10. I’ve raised my plant babies for seven months now and they haven’t died yet. 

11. I’ve tapped into my creative side and started an Etsy and Redbubble business, even if I think I have no chance of making money off it. I’m doing it because I enjoy it. 

12. I stopped apologizing for who I am and just kept at my course, being who I am. Because I don’t need to say sorry for being my true self. 

13. I’ve embraced my inner geek and I’m not afraid to let the nerd flag fly. 

14. I called off a relationship in which I was unhappy. More importantly, I was able to recognize I was unhappy and something needed to be said. 

15. I’ve stayed true to my goals and purpose, even if those things have shifted over time. 

16. I came out as bisexual. 

17. I felt like my voice was heard, specifically while on the Student Government Board. 

18. I gave two fantastic solo recitals that I’m glad to say I made them happen. 

19. I hit 500 subscribers on my YouTube channel that I had started back in high school. 

20. I’ve grown from someone who wants people to read my mind about what’s bothering me to being vocal about my wants and needs to function. 

21. I’m a mom to many, many Pokemon plushies. 

22. I’m proud of who I’ve become. 

Peyton Williams

Kutztown '20

Music education major who loves film score and writing stories of any kind! Ask me about my favorite piano piece and why I love green tea lemonade!