This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

I’m a sucker for a good love song, especially when romance is in the air. I even have a spotify playlist aptly named, “time for a wedding”, based on the Supernatural episode title, “Season 7… Time for A Wedding”. This playlist is made up of the songs that make me feel like I’m in the most romantic headspace, and some of them are on there because I want them to play at my actual wedding. I love the whole playlist, but for times sake, here are my top 5 tunes. 

1. “Crazier” by Taylor Swift 

My love for Taylor Swift is no secret, but surprisingly, this is one of my favorite songs of hers. It’s not even on any of her main albums, but instead on the no-skip Hannah Montana: The Movie soundtrack. It’s a really sweet song that is just about pure love and endearment. 

1. “Burning” by Maggie Rogers 

Maggie Rogers is another artist that I love, and she has so many love songs that it was hard to pick one. “Burning” is a faster love song as, for her album Heard It In a Past Life, she takes influence from French club music. It’s a simpler song lyrically, but the entire vibe of the song radiates happiness and love. 

1. “I Melt With You” by Modern English 

This song is older and I’m sure everyone knows it. It’s one of my favorite songs in general, but it’s also a really good love song. The entire metaphor of melting with someone is a cool way to look at love. 

1. “Big Black Car” by Gregory Alan Isakov 

“Big Black Car” was popular on Tik Tok for a hot minute, but I’ve really loved Isakov’s voice for a while now. This song has some beautiful lyrics for how stripped the song is. For example, the lines, “The past, she is haunted, the future is laced / Heartbreak, you know, drives a big black car / I swear I was in the back seat, just minding my own” have a beautiful way of talking about the ins and outs of a relationship. Even if this song isn’t the happiest love song, the lyrics themselves are so romantically written that it makes up for it. 

1. “(You) On My Arm” by Leith Ross

Leith Ross has become one of my favorite authors as of late and her newest release, “(You) On My Arm”, is one of my favorites. It’s such a catchy song, but the lyrics are also really endearing. “Watch you get dressed / And compliment your taste / I’d be better armed / If you agreed to take it” is one of my favorite set of lyrics from the chorus. It details just wanting to do the little things with someone you love, and I think that perfectly defines what love really is.

Grace Heinlein

Kutztown '23

A music major writes for a blog. That's the joke. You get it?