Fun things to do at home for spring break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Are you not really looking forward to spring break because you have nothing to do but work or sleep? Here are some ideas to have a more productive and exciting week.

1. Catch up on movies, tv shows, or books

During the semester, I usually run out of time to watch the latest tv shows and movies and miss out on a lot of popular media. Take this time to relax and catch up on or even rewatch your favorite tv shows, movies, or books.

1. Clean out your closet and refresh your clothes

My closet is a total mess and still has clothing I used to wear in middle school. Pull out all of the clothing you do not wear anymore and donate it. With that extra space, treat yourself to a few new pieces of clothing that you can wear for the upcoming seasons.

1. Take a day trip somewhere

Plan a trip with your family or friends to your favorite spot or to somewhere you’ve never been. Whether that’s the beach, a place in Philadelphia, or a new coffee shop, try something new. This option is great because, besides the gas money, you can totally control the budget.

1. Get into an exercise routine

Once again, during the semester I find myself having little energy or time for anything but my classes and homework. Use spring break to try out a new form of exercise that you can incorporate into your everyday life.

1. Learn how to cook or bake a new recipe

Next year is the first year I will be living in an apartment, without a dining plan, and having to cook on my own. Spring break is the perfect time to test out some recipes to make for yourself and roommates next year. Maybe even make dinner or a dessert for your family.

Lauryn is a student at Kutztown University studying English and minoring in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music, reading, and baking.