This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Dear Brock Turner,

Wow, my blood still boils and my stomach still turns when I hear your name.  I should be writing this while you’re still behind bars but due to your pathetic sentence, you are out. Even if you would have served the joke of 6 months you were sentenced to, instead of getting out in 3, you still would be able to read this. I truly and deeply hope that your few months didn’t put too much of an impact on you. We would hate for you to have to do something so ridiculous like actually having to sit and think about how you single handedly ruined a woman’s entire life for your “15 minutes of action” as your dad would put it. We couldn’t imagine the trauma you would have experienced from the guilt and shame you could have felt for committing such an act. Oh, by the way, did I congratulate you on your swim times? They were included in almost EVERY article, like it would somehow justify the disgusting thing you had done. Almost as if we should feel sorry for you just like Judge Persky did, because you were an athlete at an elite school. Because of you, I joined a program to help people who have had their lives ruined by people like you, and by people like you I don’t mean an “amazing Stanford swimmer”, I mean a rapist.

Normally, I end my letters with some peaceful remark, such as that I wish you the best. But if I were to say that, I would be lying. I hope the rest of your life is full of struggles just like it will be for the woman whose life you took advantage of. I hope your dad some day comes to his senses and realizes what he’s been defending you for so long. I’m not sugar coating anything to cover how I feel towards you, Brock. I hope for the day where people who commit crimes like you did get sentenced for life, not for a couple months. I hope for the day where people like you don’t take advantage of women when all they need is someone to help them. I hope for the day where our society doesn’t condone the behavior you’ve done and use your white privilege as an excuse to not do prison time.

With all the hate in my heart,

Amber

My names Amber! I enjoy puppies of all shapes and sizes, Bob's Burgers and Double Dunker ice cream. I'm really good at being super awkward so invite me to gatherings if you want to seem cooler. I think i'm asleep more than i'm awake, and i enjoy to speak my mind :)