This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Boygenius, the band composed of artists Phoebe Bridgers, Julien Baker, and Lucy Davis, first formed in 2018. They released a six song EP which was extremely popular with fans and left them wanting more. 

Five years later, the band announced that they got back together to release their first full album. On January 18, 2022, they took to social media to reveal that the album will be available March 31, 2022 and that three singles were out that day. 

Each single was written and sung by a different member of the group. Julien Baker performed the song “$20,” Phoebe Bridgers with “Emily I’m Sorry,” and finally “True Blue” from Lucy Dacus. 

Separately, the three singers have seen a lot of success and have been hard at work in their own careers since the release of their 2018 EP. In 2021, Julien Baker released her third solo album. Lucy Dacus also released an album that year and in 2022 her song “Night Shift” went viral on TikTok. Phoebe Bridgers has experienced the biggest jump in popularity in the last few years. The release of her album Punisher in 2020 boosted her stardom. She has since appeared as the musical guest on SNL and is gearing up to be an opening act for Taylor Swift’s upcoming Eras Tour. 

On January 19, 2022, Rolling Stone released their cover story on Boygenius and their upcoming album. The article included a photo shoot of the band, reminiscent of a 1994 photoshoot of Nirvana. Rolling Stone named them “World’s Most Exciting Supergroup,” a sentiment echoed by publications across the internet. 

Lauryn is a student at Kutztown University studying English and minoring in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music, reading, and baking.