Books I am Looking Forward to Reading this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.
  1. Meet Me at the Lake by Carley Fortune

Fern Brookbanks and Will Baxter spend a magical 24 hours together in their early twenties. They decide to meet up again exactly one year later, but when the time comes, only Fern shows up. Nine years later, Fern must return to her family’s lakeside resort where she must work to get the place back into order. While there, Will finally shows up, seeming completely unlike the man she met years ago.

1. The True Love Experiment by Christina Lauren

Felicity Chen is a best-selling romance novelist who realizes she has never actually been in love. Connor Prince is a documentary filmmaker who is hired to create a reality TV show. When the two run into each other, Connor convinces Felicity to star in his show as the queen of romance falling in love herself.

1. Same Time Next Summer by Annabel Monoghan

Sam, an engaged woman with her dream job, visits her family beach house to tour a wedding venue. When she arrives, she runs into her ex, Wyatt. While spending time in the beach town, Sam cannot shake the memories of her time spent with Wyatt over ten years prior. As they slowly re-enter each other’s lives, neither can deny their connection.

1. Once More With Feeling by Elissa Sussman

Switching between past and present timelines, this book follows pop star Katee Rose who blows up her relationship and career when she hooks up with her boyfriend’s bandmate. She leaves her stardom in the past until the bandmate she ruined her career with offers her the role starring in a Broadway show. The two must resist their chemistry as they work together.

1. Happy Place by Emily Henry

Harriet and Wyn are the perfect couple in their friend group, except they have been broken up for five months without telling anyone. This summer they must pretend to be a couple one last time as they go on one more group vacation. They work together to put on fake facades in front of the people who know them best.

Lauryn is a student at Kutztown University studying English and minoring in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music, reading, and baking.