7 Ways to Utilize Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.
Relax

Relax. Take a chill pill. It’s spring break, which means take a break! Let your mind, body and soul rest and re-energize for the second half of the semester. Do things you haven’t been able to partake in due to classes, like video games, reading, crocheting, anything that helps you relieve the tension. 

Check You Progress

Check your grades. Make sure you’re caught up on all your work before the semester whisks by. Use this time to hand in late assignments and get ahead on your classes in whatever ways you can. Start projects and papers early, begin reading the next couple chapters in your textbook, or mentally map out what big projects you’ll have to do before the semester is over. 

Plan Ahead

Plan out your fall class schedule. When we come back from break, you’ll be able to register for classes. Come in already having a list of classes you want to take that’ll fit your graduation requirements for your major/minor. While doing so, double check your major checksheet to make sure you’re not missing anything major, especially if you’re a rising senior. 

Recharge 

Spend time with friends and family. With the back half of the semester coming, you might not get a chance to see them as much as you’d like. Take advantage of a full week off of classes and activities to have all-day hangout sessions. 

Work

If you have a job at home, get some hours in! Still take time to yourself, but work a couple of hours here and there so you have some money to use during the back half of the semester. 

Schedule Everything!

Schedule the rest of the semester. Figure out all your key dates for assignments, meetings, conferences and anything else you need/want to do. It’s important to take the time to get organized and see what’s coming so you can mentally prepare and know what’s happening before week 8 arrives.

Take a Break

I can’t stress enough to take a break. Let your mind relax for a few days. Sleep in. Be lazy. Eat ice cream for breakfast. Once break is over, it’s full steam ahead to the end of the semester, and you won’t get a decent chance to rest until it’s over. 

Peyton Williams

Kutztown '20

Music education major who loves film score and writing stories of any kind! Ask me about my favorite piano piece and why I love green tea lemonade!