This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

If you are feeling down and want to change your unhealthy habits, read these 6 tips for improvement! 

1. Unfollow negative people on social media

Go through your social accounts and unfollow people who make you feel insecure, less powerful, and just overall aren’t helping with your mental health.

1. Drink more water

Drink more water on a daily basis. Water improves acne, gut health, and even your mental health. We need water to survive, so make sure to drink up and field yourself.

1. Get enough sleep

Getting sleep is crucial to function. We need about 6-8 hours for a healthy lifestyle. Make sure you are balancing your schedule between your activities and sleep.

1. Be active

Being active does not mean needing to go to the gym every day. However, it means going for a walk, swimming, biking; just anything to get you moving. It is proven that being active will not only help with physical health but helps mental health as well.

1. Join a club

Join a club or sport at your school or in your community. This will get you involved and create more friendships and connections with people. This can also help give you positive experiences. 

1. Relax

Meditate or start doing yoga. Do something that puts you in a relaxed state of mind. By learning how to control your anxiety, you can be a healthier version of yourself.

Just know that it is ok to feel down and sad, but you can overcome it. By working on yourself, you can slowly get better as a person.

Secondary Education English major who loves coffee and criminal minds♡