5 Ways to Show Gratitude This Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Thanksgiving is this week; a time to reflect on things and people you’re grateful for. It is a time usually spent with friends or family, eating great meals, and winding down after a hectic year. Here are five things you can do this holiday to show how grateful you are for the people in your life.

1. Write them a letter

Sending them a letter can not only brighten their day but also help you express how meaningful they are. A handwritten letter would show them how you took the time to create this gift for them. Through a letter, you can be honest and say what you’ve never said before. It’s an easy and simple way to show your gratitude towards someone.

1. Bake them a dessert

Food is almost everyone’s love language. Through this action, you can give them a nice surprise and show your appreciation. This idea can help you make plenty of gifts for all of your loved ones.

1. Give them a phone call

Thanksgiving is always a hectic day as you run around trying to have preparations ready. Taking a minute to give your loved ones a call can show them how you aren’t forgetting about them, especially on this day. If a phone call isn’t possible, you can send them a voice message to brighten up their day.

1. Send them a package

If you have enough time, you can create a small care package for your loved ones. Fill it with snacks and gifts they like. You can even fill it with the desserts you’ve baked and a letter. Combining all of these gifts would help express your gratitude.

1. Spend a day with them

Invite them over for Thanksgiving or set aside a day for them. When you spend the day with them, do all the things they’ve been wanting to do. Remind them in person of how you value your relationship with them. 

Professional Writing Major, Social Media Theory & Strategy and Public Relations Minor with a love for books and music.