This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

2022 is looking like a promising year. With new movies and shows set to release, it’s looking like a busy year. Below are some of the movies and shows I’m most excited about. 

1. Doctor Strange 2

Dr. Strange casts a spell that allows the multiverse through, which threatens humanity. This movie is my top anticipated movie. Various theories fuel fans’ excitement to see what occurs when the multiverse is included in the Marvel world. There are rumors that X-Men is set to enter the Marvel Universe through this film. This film is releasing on May 6. 

1. Stranger Things 4

The final season of Stranger Things is coming to us in two parts or volumes. Volume 1 is set to release May 27th and Volume 2 premieres July 1st. This season was a challenging season to film; therefore, fans can expect a great journey. While this season is set to wrap up some of the character’s stories, the director has hinted that this might not be the last we see of the franchise. 

1. Jurassic World Dominion

The conclusion to this franchise shows the aftermath of dinosaurs leaving the park. Co-existence between dinosaurs and humans is impossible as seen from the trailer. In this epic conclusion, we see old cast members from the previous Jurassic films. This film is set to release on June 10.

1. The Umbrella Academy 3

There has yet to be a trailer released for season 3; however, filming has wrapped up. Fans of this show can expect new episodes to air in 2022. The Umbrella Academy revolves around seven unique children who were adopted by a billionaire industrialist. He creates the Umbrella Academy to create superheroes to save the world. When their father dies, they come back together to work to solve his mysterious death. Along the way, they must learn to work together despite their different personalities.

1. The Batman 

This new Batman movie is set to release on March 4. I’m excited to see Robert Pattinson as the new Batman. I was a big fan of his in his previous movies, so it is exciting to see how he’ll reimagine this beloved character. I’m also excited to see Zoë Kravitz as Catwoman. 

Professional Writing Major, Social Media Theory & Strategy and Public Relations Minor with a love for books and music.