This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Whether or not you have a boo this Valentine’s Day, make sure you carve out some time to celebrate your beloved girl gang.  Show some love and appreciation for your sisters by doing a Galentine’s Day celebration! Shout out Leslie Knope. Galentine’s day is *officially* the day before Valentine’s Day, but no worries if you missed the date.  Do something fun with your girls whenever it works with everyone’s schedules.

Now you’re like, “Oh sh*t, I didn’t think about this before, how do I plan a last-minute Galentine’s Day?”  Worry no more, my friend. Lucky for you, I have curated a list of your Galentine’s Day essentials.

Image Credit: Giphy

Essential #1: Your Girl Gang (or Gal Gang for pun purposes)

You really only need, like, one friend to celebrate Galentine’s Day, but maybe you have 20 friends to invite (what’s that like, by the way?). Anyway, the number doesn’t matter as long as you get along well with the group.

Image Credit: tenor

Essential #2: Something to Eat

…and drink (if you’re of age).  Are we going out to dinner? Are we brunching?  Are we doing a potluck? A wine night with an aesthetically pleasing charcuterie board for my boujee sisters?  You really can’t go wrong with any of these. Just make sure that everyone is fed.

Image Credit: Gifer

Essential #3: The Activity

You could have a spa day, movie night, game night, go to one of those wine/painting classes – literally anything that sounds fun to you and your friends.  Yes, sitting in someone’s living room all night counts as an activity.

Image Credit: Giphy

Essential #4: Gifts

You might not be with me on this one, but giving and receiving little gifts for Galentine’s day is so much fun.  It could be as simple as making a card and giving candy to each of your friends in attendance. This is especially fun for the people who don’t have a significant other (ME) because it lets them know that they are loved and appreciated.

Image Credit: ASI

To all of my sisters, I love and appreciate you today and every day.  Happy Galentine’s Day!

Sophomore at the University of Kansas