Why You Should Be Upset That Taylor Swift Didn’t Perform at the Grammys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Taylor Swift did not perform at the Grammys last Sunday and I could not be anymore upset about it. How did I survive through the Grammys without a performance of “Blank Space,” considering that all teenage girls are now “nightmares dressed like a daydream?” We all remember last years performance of “All Too Well,” where she had what appeared to be an exorcism on stage, and in case you don’t, here is the video to remind you: 

(Warning: The exorcism starts at about 2:25, in case you are scared of that sort of thing.) 

I don’t know about you guys, but I could not be more disappointed that we didn’t get to experience what she would have done to perform “Blank Space” at the Grammys. If you thought she had an exorcism last year, I can only imagine what the sequel would have been like. Sadly, the pop singer took to Tumblr and shot down everyone’s dreams.

“I’m really excited to be nominated for three Grammys this year and even more excited that I’ll be there having a dance party/rage fest in the audience,”she wrote.

Okay, so at least we got to experience something like this…

…and this…

…and, most importantly, this.

I like watching T-Swift attempt to dance just as much as the next person, but that does not excuse the fact that she didn’t perform, even though she was nominated for best pop solo performance. She claims it’s to focus on her 1989 tour, but if I have time to fit frat parties into my busy schedule, she could have certainly fit performing at the Grammys into hers. (Because clearly me going to frat parties when I have homework is comparable to a pop star performing at an award show when she has a world tour.) 

She tried to make things right with the fans and even threw an advertisement in the mix, but I’m not fooled. “I hope I’ll see you out there at one of the stadiums this summer having a rage fest of your own!” she said on Tumblr. Well played, T-Swift, but since I’m a broke college student, my rage fests are in my dorm…watching you on TV! 

I'm a freshman journalism and theatre performance double major at KU (I'm basically majoring in waitressing), who a proud member of Alpha Gamma Delta. Welcome to my weird thoughts and follow me on twitter if you would enjoy further insight into them: @talkalot_360