Try a new approach to coloring your hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

So you want to dye your hair but not go overboard? Try just dying a few streaks! Her Campus KU found a few ladies on campus sporting fun streaks of color in their hair to switch up their look. Pops of color in your hair are a fun way to change up your look, even if it’s just temporary.

Megan Elizabeth, junior, visual arts major, is naturally blonde but she has streaks of brown underneath the layers of her hair. Putting streaks of color in your hair is a fun and easy way to change up your hair. Some streaks are permanent but some you can wash out with shampoo. Even if it’s just a peek-a-book streak, it’s a fun way to express yourself. In the second picture, Megan is showing some of her dreads. Megan’s are real, but you can also get dread extensions that you can remove. You can go to the salon to get dreads done or you can do it with friends, like Megan did.

Sam Robinson, freshman, microbiology major, has naturally brown hair but added streaks of blonde to her bangs. Sam also put hints of red in her hair. For streaks, you can choose a natural color, like Sam and Megan did, or you can add fun colors for holidays or just because. You could sport pink streaks in support of the fight against breast cancer or a little red or green for the holiday season coming up!

Do you do anything cool to change up the look of your hair? Show us on instagram at @hercampus_ku!