Tomas Green ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Tomas Green

Age:19

From: Seattle, Washington

Expected graduation: May, 2017

Instagram: @TomastheArtist

Birthday: April 5th

Major: Chemical engineering, but I will be getting a certificate of entrepreneurship from the School of Business also.

Realtionship Status: Single

Interested in: Women

Hobbies: My hobbies, when I get a chance to indulge in them, include photography, hiking, and writing.

Q: What are you involved in?

A: My main involvements are (but not limited to) Engieering Student Council, where I am the chair for Engineering Expo, Engineers Without Border (where I am the fundraising coordinator), Alpha Tau Omega (which I just joined), and TEDxKU (where we are trying to start the first ever TEDx conference at KU). I also am involved in the Social Justice community here, maintaing ties to Trade61, SURGE, and the Emily Taylor Center for Women and Gender Equity. Off campus, I am a volunteer advocate for the Willow Domestic Violence Center, where I will be doing community outreach and in-shelter service.

Q: What are you passionate about?

A: My passion is to inspire people. Being able to empower someone to find their best self, and to do great things. Some of my most cherished memories are when I was able to share something from my heart that could help change someone’s life.

Q: What are your future goals?

A: My future goal is to be in a position of leadership, where I can affect change, and help improve lives on a large scale. I dream of one day holding a seat in the United States Congress.

Q: How would you describe yourself?

A: I would describe myself as a feminist, an activist, and a bit of an eccentric nerd.

Q: What is your favorite feature on someone?

A: My favorite feature on someone would be their humor. The ability to make me laugh is quite important in a friendship.

Q: What do you look for in a woman?

A: What I like in a girl is her passion, what she will fight and live for, and it doesn’t hurt if she’s cute and has a good brain too. That’s why some of my woman crushes include Emma Watson, Tina Fey, and Rachel Maddow.

Q: What is your favorite feature on yourself?

A: My favorite feature on myself is my ability to empathize. I feel as if I can understand people on an intimate level.

Q: What makes you happy?

A: What makes me happiest is the feeling that I am making a difference in the life of a person.

Q: Where do you see yourself living?

A: I would love to live on the coast, and I hope to never be far removed from the mountains.

Q: What is the biggest influence in your life?

A: Currently, the biggest influence in my life is my good friend, Ryan Endres, who will soon be graduating. He has taught me more than I could ever thank him for.

Q: What is your guilty pleasure?

A: Most of my pleasures I partake in, I do so unabashedly, such as Reddit, Netflix, and good food. But only a few of my close friends know of my love for the theatre, and most recently, opera.

Hi, I'm Amber, and I am a 2nd year student at the University of Kansas. Welcome to my world.