The Ten Best Social Media Posts About Katy Perry’s Halftime Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.
To be honest, this year’s Super Bowl halftime performance did not even come close to Beyonce shutting down the power and bringing back Destiny’s Child during her 2013 show. Between the lack of firework-shooting-boobs (and honestly, boobs in general) and only 6.5 seconds of Lenny Kravitz, the halftime show was a bit lackluster. However, Katy Perry’s crazy cute costumes and dancing sharks called for some pretty hilarious recaps on Twitter. Here are some of the best:
10. This shark doing its damn thang.
“Mom, mom, I’m gonna be in the Super Bowl! Yeah, with Katy Perry! I told you that dance performance degree was worth it. Look for me, I’ll be in the bright blue shark suit doing the Macarena!”
9. Katy Perry using a Wii remote strap to hold her microphone

You never know when you’re going to be called into the Super Bowl halftime show in the middle of an intense Wii bowling game.
8. When Missy Elliot came on stage
Every single one of our 2003 selves jumped up and twerked when we heard “GETCHA FREAK ON”.

7. Katy Perry copying Peter Griffin
Although to be fair, that mechanical lion was pretty freakin’ cool. 
6.  Katy Perry as the girl on fire
Impatiently waiting for Katy and Katniss to costar in Catching Fire: Part 2. (Can anyone say, Hanging Tree duet?!)
5. Katniss and Cinna playing the role of Katy Perry and Lenny Kravitz
And just when we thought the Hunger Games jokes were over…
4. Katy Perry’s flame dress being compared to a bag of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
Lest we forget her Halloween costume.
3. Katy becoming a meme for mixtape enthusiasts everywhere 
Katy, imma let you finish but, my mixtape was the most fire of all time.
2. When Katy demonstrated why it’s important to learn
~*ThE mOrE yOu KnOw~*
1. The reason why the Patriots won the game
Because let’s face it, the game was rigged. #DeflateGate

Laura Lyndall Fagen is a junior at the University of Kansas majoring in Strategic Communications and Theater. She is a Big Sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters and loves all things volunteering.