This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Scott Knettle

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Marketing

Hometown: Overland Park

Relationship Status: Single-ish

Twitter: @scahtt

Instagram: @scahtt

So, what’s your favorite thing about KU?

I really like the atmosphere. It’s a pretty big school but it still feels kind of small because I see pretty much the same people all the time and I’ve gotten to know them really well. But at the same time, I’m always meeting new people, which is also really cool.

What are your interests/hobbies?

I like bike rides, running, trying new coffee shops, going to concerts, thrift shopping, reading and listening to music. I also really love fashion.

Favorite band/artist at the moment?

I really like Avi Buffalo and Oberhofer right now. 

Have you ever seen them in concert? If so, what was it like? 

No, I haven’t seen either of them yet. They are still kind of small so they haven’t been to Kansas, which sucks.

What is the best concert that you’ve seen?

Probably Tame Impala or Catfish and the Bottlemen. Tame Impala was really fun because their set was kind of weird and trippy, but they didn’t play my favorite song off their new record, which is Disciples. I went to Catfish and the Bottlemen alone because none of my friends could go, but it was still fun because I made some friends there and they have been one of my favorite bands for a while so I had to see them anyway.

You mentioned that you like fashion, where are your favorite places to shop? Any fashion advice?

I like thrift shops mostly because you can get stuff for super cheap and then like DIY it or something if needed. I like online shopping a lot. There are some really weird things on eBay that I think are cool but I also like stores like Topman, Zara, Urban Outfitters and this sustainable/eco-friendly online shop called Seawall that’s really cool. I’ve recently been trying to buy clothes from ethical and eco-friendly places because big stores usually produce so much waste and they don’t have very good conditions for their workers so I have been trying to avoid them more.

As far as fashion advice, I just recommend that people wear what makes them feel comfortable and cool and not to try to follow trends as much unless that’s the look they are going for.

Who is your best friend? How did you meet?

I’m not really sure because I have a lot of friends that mean a lot to me. I don’t really like to pick one because I feel that they are all equal, but if I had to pick it would be my friend Hunter. We met about a year and a half ago when our mutual friend Cat tried to get us to hook up but that was definitely not going to happen so we just ended up being best friends.

If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?

I think I would go somewhere with really cool mountains and nature or something. Maybe Switzerland or Austria. Or Morocco, which does not go along with my mountains answer but I think it’s beautiful, so I would want to go there too.

What do you hope to accomplish, both personally and academically, your last few years at KU?

Academically, I would really just like to find a focus on exactly what I would like to do with my marketing major because right now it’s still kind of up in the air. Personally, I just hope to maintain the friendships that I have right now and gain new ones, and I hope to grow as a person, obviously.