Go to college they said….It’ll be fun they said….
College is one of the most complicated times of our lives, and as if that’s not bad enough, there are so many added struggles of trying (and failing) to be a functioning adult. Here are so real examples of what college is like:
1. Choosing an 8 a.m. class because then you can have more alone time later!
Let’s be real: waking up for high school was cake compared to college. Don’t enroll in an 8 a.m…. it’s not pretty, and you will most likely fall asleep in class or sleep through those nine alarms you set.
2. Some people are still stuck in high school.
There are going to be people who are still trying to start drama, but trust me, they are better off left behind.
3. The constant struggle for food.
So….hungry….so little time…
No money for groceries…is this how I die?
How does one have time to breathe? Never. Forever drowning in life. Oprah can’t even save you.
Well….this is how I die.
5. The real transformation
You during the week VS. You on the weekend
6. Figuring out how to pay for everything, while balancing: life, school, sleep, and hygiene.
7. Meeting your REAL besties.
“YOU HATE THAT TEACHER TOO??!”
8. Not understanding anything the whole year.
….but I’m smart, right.
9. That moment when you finally understand one thing and everything from the stars to your eyebrows align.
This is the best day of my life.
10. When you finally find a group or organization that accepts you.
*cough* Her Campus KU *cough*