This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Winter. The time for snowball fights, hot chocolate by a cozy fire, and perfect skin right?! Yeah, said no one ever.

As if battling below freezing temperatures isn’t bad enough already, dry and dull winter skin is another force to be reckoned with altogether. I personally have very sensitive skin that does not take kindly to harsh changing temperatures, so experimenting with different skincare products over the years has been a necessity. I have found some products that keep my face feeling fresh and hydrated, even during the winter! Keep reading for my winter skincare essentials and get ready to have beautiful glowing skin this season!

Coconut Oil

It may sound weird, but coconut oil is the best moisturizer! It’s all natural, so you don’t have to worry about harsh chemicals affecting your skin and it moisturizes perfectly! An added bonus is that it is very cheap and can be found in most regular grocery stores. It also lasts a long time since a little goes a long way!

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask

It is easy to forget about lips, but lip masks are a must for me during the winter! No one likes chapped lips, so putting on this lip mask before bed offers that rejuvenating boost your lips need. Say hello to plump, moisturized lips!

H2O+ Oasis Body Gel Moisturizer

This is one of my absolute favorite body gels! It’s lightweight and feels cooling, but it puts that much needed hydration back into your skin! I especially love using this after a warm shower since it feels super refreshing!

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

The cold weather always leaves my skin looking dull. I use this day serum, packed with vitamin C to combat that problem! It helps brighten the appearance of skin, while also keeping it tight and firm, which is exactly what I need to keep my face looking fresh!

Pixi Beauty Rose Oil

Natural oils are perfect for keeping your skin moisturized and glowing! I especially love this one because it doesn’t feel greasy on the skin. I put this on before I do my makeup to keep my skin from drying out during the day!

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Hydrogel Face Mask

I try to do face masks at least once a week and switch them up, but this is one of my favorite hydrating face masks all year round. My dry skin especially appreciates it during the winter! This face mask does wonders for my skin and is pretty inexpensive! 

Freshman at the University of Kansas