March Madness Ready

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

It’s that time of the year again. Happy March Madness everyone! All basketball season long college basketball fans are prepared for this epic moment where their teams get to battle it out with some of the best in the country for that coveted National Championship. Though this title alluded KU last year, I’m sure the boys will be hungry enough to vie for the National Championship once again. Just as important as the game, is the outfit you wear to the watch parties. Each year, the choices get tougher because you want to stand out from the crowd especially in a sea of crimson and blue. 

Typical Game Day Outfits

These outfits can be cute for any game day, but you will find most girls wearing these styles. Girls will go very sporty or stylish when it comes to game day outfits. These outfits don’t allow to stretch your creativity and wear something a little bit more fashion forward, while still supporting our team. 

Photos courtesy of Kansas Sampler.

More Stylish Outfits

Avoid typical game day dress and stand out as you support the Jayhawks.

This dress from Forever 21 is perfect because it has both of the KU colors on it. I suggest you throw on a belt and a chunky necklace to complete the look. Also you can dress it up with a pair of heels or wear some vans to dress it down. It’s loose fitting and can work with many different kinds of accessories. 

This outfit from Envy in Lawrence is another great option. Although I would add jewelery to it like a headband and a bracelet or earring and a long necklace depending on your preference. This color combination works in a good way. If you wanted to you could switch the color from a blue hi-low skirt and a red tank. Either way this outfit will make others envious of your fashionable self. 

This is another outfit from envy. I suggest the red pants as a good starting place. They do have blue jewelery also. This is another way to color combine the outfit. Even though there is not blatantly a blue piece of clothing, the jewlery still works as well. These would look great with flats or a nice pair of wedges. 
This dress is found at Forever 21. It is also perfect for a game day watch party because it is ready to go out in afterwards. I would suggest adding a fedora or bowler hat and red pieces of jewelery. There could also be a red belt in the middle to block off your sections. The standout piece could also be a chunky red necklace. Shoes could be some cowboy boots or a good pair of heels.

Support the Hawks and be stylish at the same time.  Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!